Sunday, August 12, 2007

My pipes are here, my pipes are here

Oh.... yummalicious, the pipes sound so wonderful. No more baffles, and no more hearing. The world is sweet! On Thursday after surviving Jury Duty, I snuck up to work and rode through the underground parking garage to see just how many car alarms I could set off. I'm such a little kid when it comes to things like that. Mwuahahahah!!! Well, that was Thursday, however Friday, the baffles went back in because there was such an extreme power loss and I was leading a pack of riders Saturday morning, so I needed that power back.

Today, Sunday, after doing some yard work, I got encouragement to do an unconventional airbox mod. I disassembled the airbox from the bike and proceeded to perform the mod. I soaked the air box in hot soapy dish water cause it was nasty and greasy. Now it's all shiny and clean. I removed the snorkel and thought about doing the rest of the mod, but I think before cutting and doing major modifications, I'm just going to stick with that and see how she performs. I am going to cut off some extra stuff from the airbox that seems to be hindering major airflow to the engine.

Now I have to take her in to get her rejetted. Monday! That's the day. Oh she's such a fun bike. Anyone that's considering a Honda Shadow...DO IT! They are awesome.

No comments: