Friday, August 14, 2009

Looking Up Under the Bonnet

Carmyne is a 2002 Camry, and to my knowledge the engine compartment has never been detailed until now. When I first started this effort there was 7 years of road gunk built up. I used purple power to degrease the entire engine compartment. I scrubbed off any excess build up with a soft bristle brush. I rinsed off the entire engine compartment. I repeated this process 4 times to get off all the grime and gunk. When I was satisfied that I could not get off any more contaminants I followed up with Black Magic 2-in-1 Engine Shine. This stuff is awesome! All the parts that had lost their black color were instantly brought back to a deep black and a nice clean shine.




Here is a shot of the headlight restoration results.


I only have 1 other step I would like to do on Carmyne before I feel she is complete. I want to do a final wax coat on the body with Maguiar's #7 as suggested by my neighbor. I think this will give me the "WOW Factor" I've been looking for.

No comments: