Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sustainability

I have many projects that I've completed recently pushing me more towards individual sustainability. There are still a few more projects I need to complete in order to be at my goal for this point in my life.

1) more good soil for the raised bed gardens
2) wheat mills with steal plates
3) pressure canner + heavy duty propane burner since I have a glasstop stove and cannot do canning on it

What will this accomplish for me? Having more soil will allow me more room to grow fruits/veggies. I might even try my hand at growing some of the ingredients for making beer. The wheat mill will allow me to make homemade bread truly from scratch. That will be crazy delicious. The pressure canner (+propane burner) will allow me to save/store the goods from my garden so I can enjoy in the winter and share with my friends/family.

If you have any suggestions on where to get some of these items let me know. I'd like really sturdy tools so that they will last a lifetime. I also prefer non-electric tools.


No comments: