Monday, January 14, 2008

Don't Waste the Day...Put on Some Pants

Over Christmas I got to spend some time with my brother. I always love his perspective on life. This past get together, he imparted wisdom to Jess and me that we will forever live by. He spoke of those lazy days, whether they are induced by too much drinking the night before, too little sleep, or just not feeling so hot in general. He said, "never let a day pass that you don't put on pants, otherwise it will be seen as a wasted day."

I have to agree with him on this one. Last Friday, I was a bit under the weather. I lounged around most of the day doing a few chores here and there, but remaining in my PJs until 3 p.m. At which time, I decided I could not let the day become completely wasted. So I took a shower, donned some jeans, and felt I had accomplished much more than expected for a lazy day. It's amazing what putting some pants on does to boost one's moral.

No comments: