Saturday, January 19, 2008

Only in Texas

Only in Texas do you feel like you have Monster trucks chasing you down the freeway. We were on our way this morning to a painting party and happened upon this crazy ginormous "Big Rd 1" truck.

We're thinking to ourselves, is this for real? And obviously it is as I snapped a photo of the big truck, but DANG! As my good friend Amy would say, "IS THAT REALLY NECESSARY?"Did you see my reflection in the photo? Kinda cool and creepy all at the same time. So here the truck is encroaching upon us. It is alarmingly huge. I'm trying to be inconspicuous snapping these photos so that they don't just run us over. Finally at some point in those few seconds, it didn't matter to me anymore and I was snapping away.Did you see that the side view mirror on Jess' Xterra is BELOW the body of the truck? So if that isn't proof enough that this truck is rather large, then take a few seconds and check out the rest of the pics that follow.Here you see next to us is a lifted Ford F-150 and the "big rd 1" is still towering about the F-150. Next to the "Big Rd 1" you can see a Toyota 4Runner which looks like a midget SUV next to the "Big Rd 1".

Jess got up close to the truck one more time for me so I could take another photo. I wanted to see if I could get one good one. Here we are exiting 610 N and "Big Rd 1" is exiting 610 S.

No comments: