Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Blasts from the Past...Some Photos

Some might call me crazy for posting these pics, but what the heck, I have no shame. I was sitting at work a little while ago and ran across some photos from an old hard drive of mine. Of course curiosity got the best of me and I had to start thumbing through them. I found some that reminded me of the different hair phases. (I'm currently in a long phase and want to cut it so badly...so I'm dreaming of the days of the past.)

Should I start with the worst and work my way to the best...hmm...dunno? I guess start out good and then go bad bad bad.


So that one wasn't too bad. My hair wasn't crazy long. I actually had recently cut it I believe. I was at a Christmas party and I think it was 2000 or 2001. This is the same party I met my friend Rose who is up in Dallas. It seems it's been a million years since too.

Moving a few months forward from that, I'm up in Seattle with my bro and his fiance' for their wedding. Apparently my hair is growing long again. This is a pic of the kids together.

I wish I knew what the heck we were laughing at, but I think it actually wasn't really too funny, we'd just had a bunch of Ouzo and I wasn't a drinker at that time. You could probably sneeze and I'd think it was hysterical.

Okay, on to the hideous pic I found...

OMG, who let me out of the house? Seriously...was my gf mad at me at that time? And my hair only got longer. I finally cut it off and donated it. Thank goodness! This was the summer of '99. I had recently transplanted to Houston and was in Space Flight Academy. The guy in the middle, Loren, is an astronaut that no longer flies and the guy on the right ,Pete, is a current astronaut that is also a medical doctor. He was only just beginning his career at NASA just like me at the time of this picture.

Okay, now that we've seen the hideous...let's get back to the hair I think is cutest and what I'm thinking of going to soon.

I was in NY, the only time I've been there. Look I'm a frikin GIANT next to the Statue of Liberty...she looks almost like a midget. HA! Anyway, that's where I hope to be with my hair soon. Until then, I'd like to share the song by Sheryl Crow that I rewrote, "Everyday is a pony tail...gets a little longer...everyday...". And I'm out!

No comments: