Tuesday, October 9, 2007

New Camera

I had to ho myself out on the corner of Montrose and Harold to get this camera...
Of course if you knew the camera, or that corner for that matter, you might say that I'd get enough money by holding a cup for 10 minutes rather than ho'ing myself out, 'cause no one gonna pay for a girl like me ;). Which is actually true. I think it was all of $7. Yup, seven bucks. It actually scares me quite a bit. I thought I was going to have this special warm fuzzy feeling inside about purchasing this camera, but really, not so much. I think when I go to have the photos developed, they will say to me, crazy woman, get out of my store with your blank film.

Here's what the website says about this camera...now mind you...this thing feels like it's as sturdy as the Jell-o pudding containers that mom's send in kids lunches. And probably even cheaper.

"
Platinum Action Quad Camera

One snap of the camera takes four pictures in the span of one second, preserving that moment in time and motion on one single print. Each plastic camera uses any standard 35mm film and has no flash. Item is repackaged for easy (less expensive) shipping, and comes with full instructions and quad cam tips.

The Quad Cam Photo Philosophy
Life is movement and action - so why take pictures that are boring and still? With the Quad-Cam you can capture one second of life in all its dynamic splendor. One snap of the camera takes four pictures in the span of one second, preserving that moment in time and motion on one single print. It's what happens during that one sedong that counts.

Taking pictures with the Quad-Cam is about trial and error, imagination and experimentation. Forget everything you've been taught about "good" photography, this is fun photography, this is art photography. The camera is no longer an objective observer, it's an active participand and a window into the world through your eyes. Take pictures of things in action, of people in motion. And if your subject isn't moving, try moving the camera while you take the picture. This will create effects and blurs that could produce a spectacular Quad-Cam picture. Shoot from the hip, and be spontaneous."


I'll let you know how the film turns out. I'd like to imagine it's going to do all the things it claims. However, the phrase, "taking pictures with the Quad-Cam is about trial and error" really does scare me.

No comments: