Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Blasts from the past

I can't believe I'm going to reveal the skinny person's secret... but here you have it... here it is. The ultimate way to stay thin and eat everything you've ever wanted.

Oh, btw, I'm totally kidding. Though many have asked me if I myself have a tapeworm, to which I reply "Of course", I wouldn't advice others actually going out and buying them.

This advertisement from the past completely cracks me up. Who thinks up this schtuff?

Given that the advertisement says "No Ill Effects" , "Easy To Swallow", and "No Danger", does that mean that people actually tried them out? For real? Ha! We do some crazy things in the 2000's but Tapeworms, seriously, thank goodness that is a blast from the past?

Okay, I'm off my tapeworm soapbox. Really was never on it, I'm just still blown away if this is a real advertisement.

Scoff if you will, but I think that normal people have a little lard in their diet. I mean, have you ever been walking around Whole Foods or Central Market and had the weird food crazed people about knock you over to get to what they are looking for? My theory on that is if their cart is completely full, then they are not shopping at a "normal" store for any food, therefore they are missing something in their diet ... the thing that makes them crazed. They continually search and search and search for that food that their body is craving, only to knock over the folks that are content cause they eat real food. Now, folks like me that occasionally shop at these places and pick up a few items, say Hawaiian Grog coffee or something of that sort, cannot be classified as one of these crazed individuals.

What scares me the most are the parents that are pushing their completely full cart in these stores with a child in the kid chair. OMG! That means they are going to pass on the disease. The, "I can't satisfy myself with this food" disease. Folks like me will forever be in harms way at these crazed stores.

So I again took a step up on my soap box...ha ha ha... but if you are a crazed food store person, think about it for a little bit. Lard = happiness. In the right proportion, it will not kill you.

Okay, I might start smoking just cause I love this ad. I think this is AWESOME! Go ahead hand me a pack of fags.

No comments: