Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy 30th - YA YA YA YA YA

We arrived here Friday around dinner time. This is Johnny G's in Dallas. It is awesome!
I did not realize there was a surprise celebration planned. Johnny's is a usual stop for us when we go to Dallas because it is just that cool. So I didn't think anything different of this time. When the lights started to flicker, I secretly thought to myself, "John, did you forget to pay the light bill???" Ha ha ha ha ha!

Once the lights stopped flickering, a cake emerged from the kitchen, and folks started singing Happy Birthday to me. On a scale of 1 to 10 on the coolness of a cake, this has got to be a 100. It has every element of everything I like. 1. Hello Kitty; 2. Motorcycle; 3. Hello Kitty's YA YA YA YA YA; 4. Pink; 5. Designed by the coolest sis-in-law in the world; 6. Bandanna; 7. Sunglasses; 8. Total Surprise!

This is some extreme precision and extreme concentration. This is 1/2 a sheet cake, 1/2 chocolate, 1/2 vanilla. It was super yummy. We shared with at least 1/2 the restaurant. Folks around us were reminiscent of the days when they were 30 and how mortified they would have been to have the world singing Happy Birthday to them at 30. I thought it was all fantastic. It was a total surprise! And the shots that kept getting sent to me made me very happy :-) *arm up in the Hello Kitty attack* YA YA YA YA YA! Remember, folks up in Dallas have got to check out Johnny G's.

Next I'll post the pic from Six Flags.

No comments: