Saturday, July 12, 2008

Continued Mission to get in Shape

I started my first blog talking about a desire to get in shape, and how I was going about doing that. I have progressed forward (with a few stumbling blocks along the way), but I finally started running again. Whew Hew! The knee seems to be holding out for me. I did find my wickedly ginormous brace that I'm supposed to wear if I'm doing anything. But, I've been stubborn and haven't wanted to wear it. So I stopped by Academy and was recommended a Patella Band. Surprisingly, it's working out well. I'm able to run my 2.6 miles non-stop now and my knee doesn't become fatigued.

I am very inspired to continue running. I had run for many many years before blowing out my knee. So yesterday I bought some crazy ugly running shoes, but they are incredibly comfortable.(ASICS: GEL-Nimbus® 10) I bought some support socks. And of course I had to splurge just a little and I picked up a cute necklace from Tarma: Earth Friendly Jewelry (Recycled Ingredients).

It's a running girl. Who could resist this? It's not often that you find something girl specific like this. So now every time I look in the mirror, I will be reminded of my great progress forward.

I was glad the shoes didn't end up being Nike that were picked out for me. My hat that I run in is Nike, my shorts are Nike, my knee band is Nike, my socks are Nike. It might seem that I'm a Nike addict, but it's just random that Nike is the brand for all of those. I'd happily wear any brand that works well.

No comments: